Law1103 Civil Law & Procedure

• Court Observation Summary
  • #56176

veejayda

On Monday 21st October, 2019, I finally had my court visit done. It was my third attempt. When I got there, I spoke with the court officer at the front desk and he directed me to court room number 956 where there was a motion hearing in progress.

This was a personal injury matter resulting from a motor vehicular accident which occurred on the 21st day of August, 2016, on Madison Avenue, at the intersection with East 116th Street in the County of New York and State of New York . The first phase of that matter was already over, and so this phase was to finalize compensation. I entered the court at 2:45 p.m. and the attorney for the plaintiff was examining his witness, the doctor who gave his opinion on the matter after his examination of the plaintiff. This was followed by the cross-examination by the attorney for the defendant and then redirect by the attorney for the plaintiff.

A 5-min recess was requested by the attorney for the defendant and granted by the judge. Court resumed at 3:23 p.m. The redirect continued by the attorney for the plaintiff until 4:02 p.m. when he stated that he had no further questions.

The judge thanked the doctor for his testimony and asked him to stand down. Court was adjourned until Tuesday 22nd October, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)