HMGT 4989-Culinary Tourism-Fall 2016

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Culinary Tourism: First Field Trip

Michael Krondl
    Participant

Please post your comments here on the food locations we’ve visited. Be specific.

ann-christy orcel
    Participant

Our first field trip was the best experience for me because we got to visit so many places and many of the places, i did not know about. Our first stop and my favorite place was EAtaly. when i first walked into Eataly it was like heaven on earth. It was busy but the excitement just took over, and i got over the enormous amount of people traffic. There wasn’t anything specific that caught my eyes because everything caught my eye. There was a sandwich stand, coffee stand with samples, cheese and meet stations and so much more. Not only can we go shopping for our fruits and vegetables while shopping for a shirt but we can also, have a drink at the bar paired with selected meats, bread, and olives. I still have to go back for that cooking class, yes! they actually have that too along with many different classes that teaches you how too’s. i will definitely be back not only to explore more of the store but to, talk to the staff, because they where very knowledgeable about what they where selling. i love that they where open to all the questions that i asked. Thank you Eataly for the wonderful experience.

Eataly
    200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010

Manoj
    Participant

Eataly is high-end food market located near Madison Square Park, Flatiron district, Manhattan. Eataly offers 7 sit down restaurants with a table including a bar. Wines and beers are brew in their own in the store. They also have a Lavazza café, which offers true Italian coffee and classic cappuccino experience in a heart of NYC. In the evening, Caffe Vergnano offers enoteca with a full wine and spirit list. It also offers the traditional standing bar espresso experience with a curated menu of only espresso, macchiato, and Eataly housemade pastries. We can buy our regular stuff like chocolate & sweets, cookies, honey, jam, sauces and pasta, bruschetta, olives, products related to beauty and homes, gifts and much more which are imported from different countries, and prices are comparatively higher than other regular markets. They also have the most amazing organic cheese counter and the cheese has the different shape, size, and structure. The cheese counter boasts the best selection of for Maggi from Italy as well as from America. I will definitely go back to the Eataly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.