HMGT 1101, Fall 2012

• Class, 11/6/12
  • #12901

Prof. Karen Goodlad

Dear HMGT1101 Students,

I hope this message finds you, your family and your community safe, warm and ready to face the world stronger and better than ever. I am safe and I am warm but the past week has been difficult for my family, neighbors and my community so I focused my attention on supporting and helping the recovery effort of those in need but it is time to find some type of “normal” again, so, I look to you as we explore the hospitality industry together!

The lecture on Tuesday, November 6th will focus on the National Parks System as originally planned for October 30. For Tuesday please have the following prepared:
    1) Review questions for chapter 10 and the review questions for chapter 4 if they were not handed in on October 23.
    2) Knowledge of Two National Parks you wish to visit
    3) Information about visiting a Park anywhere in NYC
    4) Read the travel section in the NY Times
    5) Download, review and bring in your degree audit found on the CUNY Portal

The lecture on November 13 will be a combination of the two Food and Beverage related lectures. For November 13 please have the following prepared:
    1) Review questions for chapters 6, 7, 8 and 9 (chapters 6&8 were originally due on November 6)
    2) Read two articles from Edible Brooklyn. Here is the link to the site http://www.ediblebrooklyn.com/, to read the magazine, go to “Read our latest issue” on the right of the page and you will be directed to the Fall 2012 issue. Though the blog is cool, you are instructed to read the magazine in preparation for class.
    3) We will have a guest speaker in class on November 13. This is a great networking opportunity so become familiar with the restaurants our speaker has worked at : Locanda Verde, Harry’s Café & Steak, Craftsteak, and Craft Restaurant.

Please let me know if you have any questions by adding a comment to this discussion. Please also know that if you have suffered due to Hurricane Sandy and the aftermath that you should let me and your other professors know. We do have ways to help students in need.

I am looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday, again let me know if you need any assistance to complete the work for this semster.

Prof. Goodlad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)