Graphic Communications Workshop

active 4 years ago
Graphic Communications Workshop
Communication Design
GRA1111
Spring 2012

This course introduces students to core concepts in the graphic communications field. Lectures will provide historical perspective as well as examining current practice and future media trends. Students will examine and work with digital technologies for print and the web such as Portable Document Formats (PDF) and Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML). Examination of the role of typography, paper, color theory and image capture in the design and production process. Students will also use the OpenLab website (https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/) during the course. There will be at least one field trip, which will be an integral part of the course.

1 class hr, 2 lab hrs, 2 credits

Blue Monday

Hi See MoreBlue Monday

Some Good Advice for Young Designers

Some of you may have decided to do graphic design because you thought that it would be easy. There […] See MoreSome Good Advice for Young Designers

The Great Googa Mooga

I was intrigued by the design for the recent Great GoogaMooga festival in Prospect […] See MoreThe Great Googa Mooga

I like this design as well! It has that funky carnival-like design to it. It definitely matches […] See More

Typography is so important, having access to as many different fonts as possible is great. I […] See More

I have used tuts+ a bunch of times for different projects and tutorials to learn the adobe […] See More

Every Day Graphics

Type and Graphics, what do you see? In your everyday life you encounter both good and bad graphic design and or typography. The next time you see something that captures your eye—whether you’re on the train, walking down the street, rea […] See MoreEvery Day Graphics

Free Fonts

This is a site that I came across that offers various different types of fonts. I personally uses some of these fonts and from experience, i find them to be very well made. Check it out.... http://losttype.com/ See MoreFree Fonts

this is a test

this is a test See Morethis is a test