FYLC – First Year Learning Communities

You are currently viewing a revision titled "My Transition for High School to College", saved on September 4, 2018 at 5:52 pm by Daniel Young Darrel
Title
My Transition for High School to College
Content
The first weeks at City Tech was very rough for me. I was taking 6 class and maintain a paid position at the Urban Health Plan's Adolescent Clinic. At this clinic in the South Bronx, as the peer educator, I was able to coordinator workshops on Sexual Health, Mental Health, Financial Literacy, Life Skills, and College Life. In addition, I was a counselor to help youth at the clinic get professional advice on safe sex methods. It was my first full time job and I was able to gain key career skills and experience in my field of study, which was Human Services. However, I worked here for 30-35 hours per week because my mother was unemployed, I was ask to help contribute to pay for bills. This made my experience very tough to handle. Fortunately, as a freshman at City Tech, I enrolled to this university as a SEEK and Bottom Line student. These educational opportunity programs provided me with academic and counseling services for students that qualify and it made the transition very comprehensive overtime.
Excerpt
Footnotes

Old New Date Created Author Actions
September 4, 2018 at 9:52 pm Daniel Young Darrel