Films from Literature ENG 2400 Spring 2024 0565

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jan. 26 First class quiz

Angel Ordonez
    Participant

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”><strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>This is just to see what you already know. It will not affect your grade.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Use full sentences with correct capitalization and punctuation. Your writing counts! You have to answer in this Discussion folder. Please number your answers (you should not rewrite the questions).</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Literary terminology:</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>1a) Define “metaphor” or “simile” (they are slightly different)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />A Simile is figure of speech that compares two different things to each other. A metaphor is when a word used in the place of another to suggest a similar likeness.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Provide an example:</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>My hair is a mess.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>2a) Define “alliteration”<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />The occurance of the same letter found between two words next to each other.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Provide an example:</p>
    Sally Sang.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>3a) Define “personification”</p>
    Giving person-like qualities to a inanimate objects.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Provide an example:</p>
    the wooden table was sweating profusely.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>4a) What is a “short story”? Define it.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />A fully developed story but significantly less/smaller than a novel.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Name an example: (Use “quote marks” for such titles).</p>
    “The Tell-Tale Heart” – Edgar Allen Poe
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>5a) What is a “novel”? Define it. (Use underlining for novel titles.)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Name an example:
    “The Prophet” – Khalil Gibran</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>6a) What is a “play”? Define it. (Use underlining for such titles.)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />A type of literary work that is designed for performance ina  theatre in front of an audience.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Name an example:</p>
    “Hamlet”- William Shakespeare
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>CINEMATIC TERMS</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>7) What is film editing?<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />The process of connecting shrots, scenes, and other parts in a film to create one cohesive piece of cinema.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />8a) Define symbol (or symbolism)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />symbolism is a tool used to employ physical objects as symbols to convey abstract ideas.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Provide an example:<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />The white pigeon was symbolism for the death of his friend. <br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />9a) What is one of your favorite works of literature?<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” /> “Prophet” – Khalil Gibran<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Why do you like it? (full sentence, please)</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>The book helped open my mind to things other than just stories being told.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />10a) What is one of your favorite films? My favorite film has to be Django.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Why do you like it? (full sentence please)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />It is an excellent story told in the context of salvery and has tons of humor and gore. The director is one of my favorites.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>11a) Who is one of your favorite writers? Quentin Tarantino<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Why do you like him or her? Quentin Tarantino really has a gift for capturing the audience through dialogue, action, and humor.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>12a) Who is one of your favorite film directors? Quentin Tarantino</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Why do you like this director? (full sentence) He always amazes me with his portrayal of stories when it comes to scenery and action.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>13) After you have read a story and later seen its film version, are you pleased or disappointed?</p>
    I am typically disappointed.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Please name at least one title and explain why…<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />”The Boy in The Stripped Pajamas”, was a story that I enjoyed reading better than seeing on screen. Sometimes it’s difficult to keep the attention of the viewer. Books provide more in depth context that many movies aren’t able to do.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />14) Why do you think film versions change details from their source stories?</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>There is less time alotted to telling the story when it comes to films rather than books.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>This topic was modified 5 months ago by Prof. Masiello.</p>

<ul id=”bbp-topic-revision-log-90786″ class=”bbp-topic-revision-log” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 8px 0px 0px; background-image: none; background-position: 0% 0%; background-size: auto; background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: padding-box; background-clip: border-box; list-style: none; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dotted; border-top-color: #dddddd; width: 676.46875px; font-size: 14px; color: #aaaaaa;”>

Angel Ordonez
    Participant

<p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”><strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>This is just to see what you already know. It will not affect your grade.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Use full sentences with correct capitalization and punctuation. Your writing counts! You have to answer in this Discussion folder. Please number your answers (you should not rewrite the questions).</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Literary terminology:</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>1a) Define “metaphor” or “simile” (they are slightly different)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />A Simile is figure of speech that compares two different things to each other. A metaphor is when a word used in the place of another to suggest a similar likeness.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>My hair is a mess.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>2a) Define “alliteration”<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />The occurance of the same letter found between two words next to each other.</p>
    Sally Sang.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>3a) Define “personification”</p>
    Giving person-like qualities to a inanimate objects.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Provide an example:</p>
    the wooden table was sweating profusely.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>4a) What is a “short story”? Define it.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />A fully developed story but significantly less/smaller than a novel.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Name an example: (Use “quote marks” for such titles).</p>
    “The Tell-Tale Heart” – Edgar Allen Poe
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>5a) What is a “novel”? Define it. (Use underlining for novel titles.)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />a fictitious prose narrative of book length, typically representing character and action with some degree of realism.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Name an example:
    “The Prophet” – Khalil Gibran</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>6a) What is a “play”? Define it. (Use underlining for such titles.)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />A type of literary work that is designed for performance ina  theatre in front of an audience.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Name an example:</p>
    “Hamlet”- William Shakespeare
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>CINEMATIC TERMS</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>7) What is film editing?<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />The process of connecting shrots, scenes, and other parts in a film to create one cohesive piece of cinema.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />8a) Define symbol (or symbolism)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />symbolism is a tool used to employ physical objects as symbols to convey abstract ideas.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Provide an example:<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />The white pigeon was symbolism for the death of his friend. <br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />9a) What is one of your favorite works of literature?<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” /> “Prophet” – Khalil Gibran<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Why do you like it? (full sentence, please)</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>The book helped open my mind to things other than just stories being told.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />10a) What is one of your favorite films? My favorite film has to be Django.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Why do you like it? (full sentence please)<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />It is an excellent story told in the context of salvery and has tons of humor and gore. The director is one of my favorites.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>11a) Who is one of your favorite writers? Quentin Tarantino<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />b) Why do you like him or her? Quentin Tarantino really has a gift for capturing the audience through dialogue, action, and humor.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>12a) Who is one of your favorite film directors? Quentin Tarantino</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>b) Why do you like this director? (full sentence) He always amazes me with his portrayal of stories when it comes to scenery and action.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>13) After you have read a story and later seen its film version, are you pleased or disappointed?</p>
    I am typically disappointed.
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>Please name at least one title and explain why…<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />”The Boy in The Stripped Pajamas”, was a story that I enjoyed reading better than seeing on screen. Sometimes it’s difficult to keep the attention of the viewer. Books provide more in depth context that many movies aren’t able to do.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box;” />14) Why do you think film versions change details from their source stories?</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>There is less time alotted to telling the story when it comes to films rather than books.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 14px;”>This topic was modified 5 months ago by Prof. Masiello.</p>

Adonis C
    Participant

1a) Define “metaphor” or “simile” (they are slightly different)

A simile is a literary device where a subject is compared to something else (usually unrelated) to give the subject an emphatic depiction.

A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes something by saying it’s something else.

b) Provide an example:

“It was as fast as the speed of light”

“I’m/You’re a mess.

2a) Define “alliteration”

Alliteration is the usage of same letters and/or sounds between adjacent words.

b) Provide an example:

The clever cat.

3a) Define “personification”

To give a nonhuman subject human characteristics.

Provide an example:

The tree had a carefree sway to it.

4a) What is a “short story”? Define it.

A piece with the contents of a normal story, but shortened.

b) Name an example: (Use “quote marks” for such titles).

5a) What is a “novel”? Define it. (Use underlining for novel titles.)

A long narrative?

b) Name an example:

“Animal Farm”

6a) What is a “play”? Define it. (Use underlining for such titles.)

A play is a written script intended to be acted out live.

b) Name an example:

“The Piano Lesson”

CINEMATIC TERMS

7) What is film editing?

The making of changes to pre-existing videograph(s).

8a) Define symbol (or symbolism)

In most, if not all cases, a symbol is a noun used as a representation of another noun.

b) Provide an example:

The “raised fist” over the years has become a symbol of black nationalism.

9a) What is one of your favorite works of literature?

None at the moment. I’m currently going down the philosophy route and gradually getting back into literature.

b) Why do you like it? (full sentence, please)

N/A

10a) What is one of your favorite films?

I currently don’t have any favorite films as well. Though, growing up I did enjoy the Hunger Games franchise a lot.

b) Why do you like it? (full sentence please)

I liked it for the action and anticipation.

11a) Who is one of your favorite writers?

N/A

b) Why do you like him or her?

N/A

12a) Who is one of your favorite film directors?

N/A

b) Why do you like this director? (full sentence)

N/A

13) After you have read a story and later seen its film version, are you pleased or disappointed?

From the times I have done this, I was normally disappointed. The books were usually more detailed with their scenes than the movies. Likely due to the time constraints and budget of movies. Certain details in movies not being synchronous with the books were not a big, but still another disappointment for me. For example, the main character’s pet being a turtle in the book version, but a cat in the movie version.

Please name at least one title and explain why…14) Why do you think film versions change details from their source stories?

I can’t remember any specific titles at the moment. But, I think one of the reasons they do this is for efficiency. They are probably considering manageability, along with the budget and time constraints.

Naureen Asha
    Participant

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>1) a) Simile compares two things using like or as whereas metaphor compares them directly.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) She is lazy like Ana. She is Ana.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>2) a) Alliteration is when multiple words at the beginning sound similar and repeat in a sentence.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) Change the channel.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>3) a) Something that represents humans.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) I felt like the wave was calling me.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>4) a) A type of story that is shooter and less elaborated.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) “The Lottery”</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>5) a) A Novel is a long fictional story.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) </span><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: underline; -webkit-text-decoration-skip: none; text-decoration-skip-ink: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>The Great Gatsby</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>6) a) A play is a piece of literature made for stage performances not just for reading purposes.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) </span><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: underline; -webkit-text-decoration-skip: none; text-decoration-skip-ink: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>Hamlet</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>7) Film editing is mainly making changes to build a final version of a film.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>8)a) Symbol is something that reflects or represents a specific idea.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b)Red rose symbolizes love.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>9)a) The immortal Life of henrietta Lacks</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) because it is based on a true story and explain the story behind the HeLa cells.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>10)a) The Pursuit of Happyness</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) because it is about not giving up and finding true happiness in life.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>11) I cannot think of a favorite writer now.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>12)a) Rajkumar Hirani</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>b) Because he smartly portrays different ideas in various types of films and leaves significant messages.</span></p>
    <p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>13) Usually I am disappointed after watching a film because it narrows so many details and changes scenes. For example Harry Potter, the book has way more descriptions and builds the story so perfectly whereas the movie could not do justice to me.</span></p>

<p dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;”><span style=”font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; color: #000000; background-color: transparent; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;”>14) I think the film versions change details from their source stories for the limited time and the purpose to catch a targeted audience.</span></p>

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.