ENT2210 Advanced Scenery Construction FA2015

active 3 years, 8 months ago
Entertainment Technology
ENT2210

This course aims to take a student from competency to proficiency in the scene shop. A successful student will be able to take a scenery project from the drawing to completion, either alone or leading a small crew. Skills covered include: construction techniques, project planning, tool and procedure selection, joinery, time and cost estimation and carpentry.
Coursework will focus heavily on lab and project work.

End of Semester Timeline

All, here is an update on the final few days of class. Thursday, December 10 - Review for Test […] See MoreEnd of Semester Timeline

Tool Research for the "Shop Outfitting" Assignment

Below is a list of popular tool companies to find tools for your project. I would look through […] See MoreTool Research for the "Shop Outfitting" Assignment

Work Calls

The Red text didn't show up that well on my camera, but here are the notes from the […] See MoreWork Calls

This is a good saw. And was a great deal when it was on sale and with free shipping. At the […] See More

Hey, i started a discussion for the radial arm saw. let me know if your cant find it. See More

Hardware Store/Lumber Yard Assignment For this Hardware store assignment, I visited Harbor […] See More

cut list sheet

You can find it here: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/ent2210fa2015/assignments/cut-list-lumber-order-1/ See Morecut list sheet

Drill jigs

That's great. Those are all useful for either a corded or cordless drill. See MoreDrill jigs

Circular saw

Another variant of the circular saw is the Track saw http://www.dewalt.com/tools/saws-track-saws-dws520ck.aspx product video on website See MoreCircular saw

ENT2210 HW#1 Phoenixx Neil

The hardware store I visited was located in South Ozone Park, Queens. "Empire Hardware Paint and Supply" 112-18 Liberty Ave 11419. This hardware store was hard to find, being a small location in a populated area. Upon walking in there was […] See MoreENT2210 HW#1 Phoenixx Neil

HW1 – Pelham Lumber & Mason Supply Review

Pelham Lumber & Mason Supply is located at 437 Fifth Avenue in Pelham New York.  They have a large selection of sheet and stick lumber as well as a variety of other building materials.  This location also features a hardware store that s […] See MoreHW1 – Pelham Lumber & Mason Supply Review

Homework #1 Hardware Store

I visited a local household hardware store called Broadway Farm Hardware Corp on the corner of Broadway and Putnam Ave (1472 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221), right around the corner of my apartment! I have visited this hardware store a few […] See MoreHomework #1 Hardware Store