ENT2210 Advanced Scenery Construction FA2015

active 7 years, 4 months ago
Entertainment Technology
ENT2210

This course aims to take a student from competency to proficiency in the scene shop. A successful student will be able to take a scenery project from the drawing to completion, either alone or leading a small crew. Skills covered include: construction techniques, project planning, tool and procedure selection, joinery, time and cost estimation and carpentry.
Coursework will focus heavily on lab and project work.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: John McCullough

This course has been cloned or re-cloned 3 times; view clone(s).

End of Semester Timeline

All, here is an update on the final few days of class. Thursday, December 10 - Review for Test […] See MoreEnd of Semester Timeline

Tool Research for the "Shop Outfitting" Assignment

Below is a list of popular tool companies to find tools for your project. I would look through […] See MoreTool Research for the "Shop Outfitting" Assignment

Work Calls

The Red text didn't show up that well on my camera, but here are the notes from the […] See MoreWork Calls

Comment on "CNC Table Saw"

This is a good saw. And was a great deal when it was on sale and with free shipping. At the […] See MoreComment on "CNC Table Saw"

Comment on "Tool Discussion (for individual tools)"

Hey, i started a discussion for the radial arm saw. let me know if your cant find it. See MoreComment on "Tool Discussion (for individual tools)"

Comment on "Assignments"

Hardware Store/Lumber Yard Assignment For this Hardware store assignment, I visited Harbor […] See MoreComment on "Assignments"

cut list sheet

You can find it here: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/ent2210fa2015/assignments/cut-list-lumber-order-1/ See Morecut list sheet

Drill jigs

That's great. Those are all useful for either a corded or cordless drill. See MoreDrill jigs

Circular saw

Another variant of the circular saw is the Track saw http://www.dewalt.com/tools/saws-track-saws-dws520ck.aspx product video on website See MoreCircular saw

ENT2210 HW#1 Phoenixx Neil

The hardware store I visited was located in South Ozone Park, Queens. "Empire Hardware Paint and Supply" 112-18 Liberty Ave 11419. This hardware store was hard to find, being a small location in a populated area. Upon walking in there was a slew of See MoreENT2210 HW#1 Phoenixx Neil

HW1 – Pelham Lumber & Mason Supply Review

Pelham Lumber & Mason Supply is located at 437 Fifth Avenue in Pelham New York.  They have a large selection of sheet and stick lumber as well as a variety of other building materials.  This location also features a hardware store that sells a v See MoreHW1 – Pelham Lumber & Mason Supply Review

Homework #1 Hardware Store

I visited a local household hardware store called Broadway Farm Hardware Corp on the corner of Broadway and Putnam Ave (1472 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11221), right around the corner of my apartment! I have visited this hardware store a few times See MoreHomework #1 Hardware Store