English 1101-0384

• Introduction
  • #67563

Akari

Hello All!

How are you? My name is Akari Shwin whose native country is Myanmar. As a non-degree student at City Tech, I am taking the pre-requisite courses over here for the application of PA school. I am taking this course in the hope of improving my English skills on top of taking it as one of the pre-reqs.

As a person, I am a friendly, outgoing, bubbly girl ( I still think I am a girl even though I am in my 30s) who loves crime, detective, mystery TV shows and movies. I also love to travel and learn diverse cultures and try different cuisines ( I am a huge foodie !!!)

Even though this course happened to be delivered online, I am glad that we can still meet through weekly Zoom meetings for group discussions and share the opinions on the lecture topics.

Looking forward to meeting you all again tomorrow!
    Akari

#67571

Sandra Yun

Hi Akari,

Nice to meet you. I enjoy watching crime shows/movies, as well. My favorite shows are Law & Order SVU, Without a Trace, and Cold Case.

Sandra Yun

#67574

Katelyn Rossette

Hi Sandra,
    I enjoy watching Law and order svu as well. I really like how they talk about cases going on currently. I also like to watch comedy shows.

#67625

Akari

Yup Sandra and Katelyn , I love Law and Order! I haven’t tried Without A Trace yet. Do you know if it is on Netflix or Hulu? I enjoy watching Forensic Files too. Katelyn, any recommendation for comedy shows?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)