English 1101-0384

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Declaration of Human Rights

kevin
    Participant

Article 19 discusses everyone’s right to freedom of opinion and expression and this is an important freedom that everyone should have in the world. I think this is a mandatory law in order to keep local governments in check in order to protect the people because if you did not have this freedom, the law enforcers will knock to your doorsteps if you say something they did not like. Although most countries in the world practice this, it is not this way in other countries such as Asia or the parts of the middle east and they have little no human rights. I think instead of changing the rule or adding changes, the universal law should be enforced and presented as a serious matter to every country no matter what type of government is running the nation. Personally I think I’m wishing too much because every region has different cultures so when you place a rule saying everyone has natural rights, that’s a foreign thing to other countries. Therefore, this rule important because everyone is born with these rights and should be expressing their opinions but not every country can agree with this rule when they think it violates their government structure.
    I wouldn’t want to change anything in this Article but only enforce the last sentence “freedom to hold opinions without interference” to countries/society that practices freedom of speech because the people who have this freedom take it for granted. People would assume they can say whatever they want even though it violates someone else’s rights. You cannot say “I’m gonna kill Blank and cut you to pieces” in social media or at all because it violates that person’s rights. I think that yes there are some people who are privileged with this freedom but they should be more cautious about what they say.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.