ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2021 OL02

active 2 weeks, 3 days ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2021 OL02
English
ENG1141
Spring 2021

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Johar Martinez, Journal 10

Dear student, My name is Johar Martinez and lucky you, you've had the pleasure of having this […] See MoreJohar Martinez, Journal 10

Johar Martinez, Journal 9

Writing dialogue is a mixed bag. Simply copying a conversation you had with a friend? harder than […] See MoreJohar Martinez, Journal 9

DeAndre Badresingh, Journal 10

To the future students of ENG 1141 Everyone has their preferences when it comes to […] See MoreDeAndre Badresingh, Journal 10

I liked the simple cover approach, as simple as it is it'll spark the right person's curiosity. I […] See More

Meet My Cases

hbshbhbihbs See MoreMeet My Cases