ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2021 OL02

active 2 years, 10 months ago
ENG1141 Creative Writing, SP2021 OL02
English
ENG1141
Spring 2021

All writing is creative, including the writing you do for school, internet posts to social media, and text/email messages. Where there was a blank page–virtual or otherwise–and you fill it with your words, you have, in fact, drawn on your intellectual resources to create patterns of meaning with those words.

“Creative writing,” however, generally refers to poetry, fiction, drama, and some forms of non-fiction–memoirs and narratives that use the techniques of story-telling.

We will focus on understanding how form and meaning work together and on understanding the types and complexities of each genre–notably, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and cross-genres–so each student can begin to develop their unique, individual voice.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Jessica Penner

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 3 times; view clone(s).

Johar Martinez, Journal 10

Dear student, My name is Johar Martinez and lucky you, you've had the pleasure of having this […] See MoreJohar Martinez, Journal 10

Johar Martinez, Journal 9

Writing dialogue is a mixed bag. Simply copying a conversation you had with a friend? harder than […] See MoreJohar Martinez, Journal 9

DeAndre Badresingh, Journal 10

To the future students of ENG 1141 Everyone has their preferences when it comes to […] See MoreDeAndre Badresingh, Journal 10

Comment on "Sheely Menendez, Final Portfolio"

I liked the simple cover approach, as simple as it is it'll spark the right person's curiosity. I […] See MoreComment on "Sheely Menendez, Final Portfolio"

Comment on "Clifton McDowell Jr, Final Portfolio"

I really like your short story and Dialogue because I felt a lot of emotions going on and you are […] See MoreComment on "Clifton McDowell Jr, Final Portfolio"

Comment on "Janeth Vinanzaca, Final Portfolio"

Nice cover picture! I enjoyed reading your Memoir. Have a great summer! See MoreComment on "Janeth Vinanzaca, Final Portfolio"