ENG1121 COMP II SPRING 2019 Section 421

active 1 year, 9 months ago
ENG1121 COMP II SPRING 2019 Section 421
English
Spring 2019

This is one of several sections of a new curriculum for English 1121 that is beginning this semester. In English 1121, we will continue the work we had begun in English 1101. This class aims to take the fundamental tools of writing, reading, research, and critical analysis further. The class will practice close reading and will learn how to approach texts from a variety of genres as well as learn about the idea of discourses and discourse communities. The class will involve assignments that allow us to engage with many types of media, including digital, and we will be asked to explore issues and problems that matter to us in our modern world. We will explore writing and research as a process and build research skills that can be applied to all areas of study. We will be able to develop our own ideas about writing that we can take with us into future academic and professional experiences. Students will engage in class discussion to strengthen critical thinking and develop the language to respond to a wide variety of texts, ideas, and societal issues.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Leigh Gold

This course has been cloned or re-cloned 1 time; view clone(s).

Aya Rabea portfolio.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18LBW0jV4UKNgAa7l9RVFl4PBGWtwFuSeVXCOcODmpJY https://docs.googl […] See MoreAya Rabea portfolio.

Portfolio

Genre Project Digital Confessional Free Verse Poetry of the 21st Century Step […] See MorePortfolio

Comment on "Genere Assignment"

what I learned from his genre assignment is that people who read biographies is because it […] See MoreComment on "Genere Assignment"

Comment on "goals"

hi my name is n’kaya. I would like to learn more of the importance of reading this spring s […] See MoreComment on "goals"

Comment on "introduction"

Hey my name is Chrisgeily pronounced Chrishaily. This is my second semester and my major is […] See MoreComment on "introduction"