ENG 1121 D440 Fall 2019

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Due 5PM on 11/12: Analyze art projects

veronica benitez
    Participant

1. To what extent do you think visual art has the power to create social change?

I believe visual art has a very huge impact on creating social change because it allows others to view the way a person feel without speaking it brings an emotional connection that comes from the art of the picture. It allows people to create their own observation from their point of view which I believe is very important.

2. Pick one image from the two art projects that you think is particularly interesting or effective. Describe the image and explain what makes that image interesting or effective to you.

I would pick the art project “ don’t tell woman to smile” I would chose this art because it shows different woman from different backgrounds that experienced life from different views. “Don’t tell woman to smile” art stood out to me because to me it’s symbolizes the hidden struggle society ignores and just want the smile to represent the outer layer of their feelings instead of their true emotions.

Shawyane
    Participant

1. To what extent do you think visual art has the power to create social change?

I believe visual art has a great possibility of creating social change. There are many different types of visual art that artists can use to get their point across, and these images can spark/create social change

2. Pick one image from the two art projects that you think is particularly interesting or effective. Describe the image and explain what makes that image interesting or effective to you.
    I like the Harlem art mural, the bright colors really caught my attention and made me curious about what was going on in the image, I feel like these colorful colors are a great thing to use if you want to get viewers interested/involved.

HiuWang
    Participant

1. In my opinion, the “Visual Culture” has Override the “Word Culture”. Various kinds of visual images are colorful in people’s daily life. These dense visual images are constantly stimulating people’s senses, and people need to understand and interpret in a quick and simple way. At the same time, regardless of the meaning behind these visual images, the general public sometimes seems more susceptible to the negative values conveyed by certain visual images.

2.“Know Your Rights”, i think it is particularly interesting or effective to me, because using colorful print art to express their moods, it make people mostly like feeling stronger than to thinking the idea of the art.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.