COMD1127 Type & Media, Sp2019

active 1 week ago
COMD1127 Type & Media, Sp2019
Communication Design
COMD1127
Spring 2019

This is a foundation course in typography with an emphasis on using type for a multiple of industry related applications ranging from print to interactive. Students will be introduced to principles of type design and terminology including: variations of type structure, anatomy, font usage, grid, leading, kerning, tracking and alignment. Students will learn industry standard software such as InDesign on the Macintosh operating system.

Magazine Project Due - Final Instructions

The last day of class is Monday, May 20th. This is the day the magazine spread project is due. To […] See MoreMagazine Project Due - Final Instructions

Project #3 - Magazine Spread

The last major project of the semester is the magazine spread. During the last two classes, we […] See MoreProject #3 - Magazine Spread

Class 12: Visual Hierarchy

In graphic design, visual hierarchy is when elements are arranged in such a way as to imply the […] See MoreClass 12: Visual Hierarchy

Gary, this is a great analysis. I appreciate that you did extra research into the Black Letter […] See More

I'm working on growing my floral and event designs business. This is a good class to be in if I […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.