Introduction to Film

active 5 years, 5 months ago
Introduction to Film
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
Humanities
ARTH 1112
Spring 2015

INTRODUCTION TO FILM: ARTH 1112
3 class hours, 3 credits

An introduction to the history of film from its beginnings in the late nineteenth century to the present. Through illustrated lectures, selected screenings, and discussion, students will develop a historical appreciation of film genres including narrative, documentary, and experimental, and of the legacy of major filmmakers. Changing styles and techniques are outlined chronologically to examine the relationship between film and the visual arts

Final Grades are Posted on Blackboard

Thanks for a wonderful class! Grades are now posted on Blackboard, and official grades will be […] See MoreFinal Grades are Posted on Blackboard

Post 9

My favorite ending in a film would have to be the Prestige with Christian bale and Hugh Jackman. I […] See MorePost 9

HomeWork #7

Jump cuts used by Jean-Luc-Goddard's films especially in À Bout de Souffle added a stylistic […] See MoreHomeWork #7

I agree with Chun, when you said “By breaking down the film into the smallest details we can see t […] See More

I completely agree with you. The fan movies that deconstruct film is a great way for people to see […] See More

I totally agree with you when you say "when people visit the film locations it shows the viewers […] See More