ARCH 1121 An Introduction to Architecture…Spring 2016 Mishara

You are currently viewing a revision titled "neighborhood building", saved on March 8, 2016 at 7:32 am by fede
Title
neighborhood building
Content
Choosing a building to write about was very difficult due to the amount of great buildings that are around my home town. I finally made up my mind and decided to choose the trump building located on 175 Huguenot Street, New Rochelle, New York 10801. This building is located in downtown New Rochelle, surrounded by restaurants and theaters, it was considered as one of the best places to live in by Money Magazine. Stands 39 stories high and is the tallest building in New Rochelle. I chose this building for many reasons. As a kid I never liked going out with my parents and I would always beg them to take me home. When they finally do take me home I search for the building. Being 39 stories high, it can be seen for very far. I knew that when I saw that building it meant we were close to home. Another reason for why I chose this building is because my mother works in it. She takes care of an older lady who lives there. I would always beg my mom to take me with her so that I could go up. She worked in the 27th floor, Penthouse 5.  Remember when she finally took me up that I was amazed. The apartments were amazing. Windows everywhere, and all with great views. You could see all the bridges and bodies of water around. I also love the way the building is designed. The way the building is blocked smaller and smaller as you go up shows hierarchy and beauty.
Excerpt
Footnotes

Old New Date Created Author Actions
March 8, 2016 at 12:32 pm fede