ARCH 1121 An Introduction to Architecture…Spring 2016 Mishara

Why Architecture?

1. A) If you asked me 6 years ago what I planned to be in the future, architecture would not be my answer. I would probably say something like doctor or lawyer. My attraction too architecture began about 5 years ago at a career fair. I had randomly chosen my five workshops and one of them just happened to be architecture. At this workshop the man began to show us these floor plans and I was instantly attracted to it. When the time came to choose our classes for the high school I immediately chose the architecture elective that they offered. I was so excited that I ran home and told my dad that I had chosen to study architecture in school. This is when I found out that my dad had actually studied architecture as a kid as well but couldn’t finish because of his financial status. This gave me a boost of confidence, I had to finish what my dad had started. Once I started classes I noticed that I wasn’t the best drawer or sketcher ever. In fact I was horrible. But I was very skilled with programs like AutoCAD, Revit, and inventor, so I began doing all my projects on the computer. Little by little I began falling in love with the class. I enjoyed going to class and I liked doing the work. I began to realize that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

What is architecture?

1. B) Architecture has a lot of meanings. To me it’s a form of art. It’s a way for individuals to express themselves. Architecture is also the way in which people can show their creativity and use it to help society. They use this creativity too design buildings, decorate their town, and hep make shelter for the people of their city. Architecture is the art of designing and constructing the buildings that we enter and use everyday.