ARCH 1121 An Introduction to Architecture…Spring 2016 Mishara

Why do you want to be an architecture?

Growing up, I wasn’t really sure of what I wanted to be as an adult, like the typical children when people asked me what I was going to be I would say a lawyer or a Doctor. My family always thought I was very creative and in some way I would say my love for design and art started thanks to my mom. I would always find myself playing with Legos and puzzles because I’ve always liked the idea of being able to create something of my own. Plus, I also use to make lots of drawings of buildings and houses. It wasn’t until 8th grade that I realized I wanted to be an architecture, I took a class in high school called technical drawing which pretty much was a drafting class. Since that day, I knew this was what I wanted to do. To be able to know that one day I would have the knowledge to design anything I want, that it wouldn’t just be a dream but that I would actually make it happen, that’s why I chose to become an architecture.

How would explain architecture is?

Every time people ask me what architecture is the only answer that comes to my mind is, architecture is everything. I think that’s probably one of the hardest questions an architect can ever be asked because it is not just about a building or a bridge, architecture is everywhere. In my opinion, everything that has a structure is architecture, and If you think about it everything that surrounds you in some way represents or shows an aspect of architecture, and that’s the beauty of it. It is not something that you can just be precise and point at it and say architecture is this because it can be shown in many different ways, same as it can be perceived in a ton different other ways. Being an architect if one of those things that you have to be passionate about it, you don’t need to be the best drawing artist or the best in math because just as everything else in life architecture if one of those things that keep changing and developing every day, I guess this is why architecture is such a complex subject.