American Government, Alexander Sections

• Unofficial Election 2020 Discussion Board
  • #69148

Aaron Arroyo

Because I see no one else opening a thread.

In anycase, I invite anyone – including my old professor – to discuss the ongoing election.

Who do you want to win?

Who do you think will win?

Which party will win the House?

Which party will win the Senate?

Anything else you wanna discuss about this election, just post in this thread!

#69154

Well, the easy part is that the Democrats look securely positioned to keep the majority in the House, though the House is also going to be blessed with the presence of a QAnon disciple from Georgia next term. The Senate, at this point (Tuesday night ,11:45), could go either way, with Maine and North Carolina being important states to watch. As for the presidency, it’s no secret that I am very deeply ashamed of the Trump presidency and hope to God it ends with this election, but if it ends now, it won’t be by a landslide, but rather, with a narrow Biden win. The pressure is on Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, and of those three states, only one is likely to have results, or even meaningful partial results, by Wednesday morning. But at this point, Biden has to win Pennsylvania, and he also has to win two out of three of the following states: Michigan, Wisconsin, and Arizona (and at the moment he’s looking good in Arizona). It’s a toss-up at this point, now that it looks pretty clear that Biden won’t be winning the bonus states of North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, or Georgia.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)