American Government, Alexander Sections

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Who is your representative in the House and Senate?

gbecciv
    Participant

Who is your representative in the House and Senate?
    How did you find out about them if not from Google?
    What district number are you in?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by gbecciv.

Here’s my rep: http://payne.house.gov/. Donald Payne, representing the 10th Congressional District in New Jersey.

And in the Senate, I’m represented by Bob Menendez and Cory Booker, both Democrats. Menendez’s career appears to be on its way down; Booker shows every sign of being on his way up. I’m sure he will at least make some effort at running for president before too much longer.

As I recall, some months back, I used Google when I wanted to see who represented me in the House; as for the Senate, it’s hard to forget because they’ve both been in the news so much.

gbecciv
    Participant

Here’s a NY State map of congressional districts:
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/NY
    I am located in 11th District and the representative is Daniel Donovan Jr.,
    Republican, Took Office: May 12, 2015
    As for the senate I heard in the news only of Charles “Chuck” Schumer, Democrat
    Took Office: Jan 6, 1999
    I haven’t heard much of Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrat. Took Office: Jan 27, 2009
    I think it is because of the experience and probably gender as well as their influence.

sherlene
    Participant

In the senate I’m represented by Charles “Chuck” Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand who are both democrats. Schumer is a senor senator who will be coming up for re-election in 2016 and Gillibrand is a junior senator coming uo for re-election in 2018. Yvette Clarke who is also a democrat represents the 9th congressional district where I reside.

Like professor Alexander i also used Google to see who represents me in the house and senate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.