American Government, Alexander Sections

active 12 hours, 3 minutes ago
American Government, Alexander Sections
Social Science
GOV 1101
Spring 2021

This is the introductory course in American Government, with the main focus on the national level but some attention to state and local levels as well. This OpenLab site contains course materials as well as links to news sites and a discussion board to exchange ideas. Please keep disagreements friendly, and please keep in mind that our main purpose is more to analyze than to react and fume.

When the course is over, as long as you still have an OpenLab account at City Tech, you are invited to continue posting on this discussion board.

To access course materials, click “Visit Course Site” at the right of this page.

Trump's Second Impeachment

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021, the House of Representatives voted 232-193 to impeach Trump, […] See MoreTrump's Second Impeachment

The Stakes in Georgia This Tuesday

Tuesday, January 5, under an unusual set of circumstances, there are two runoff elections in the […] See MoreThe Stakes in Georgia This Tuesday

Trump and Congress at the Dawn of the New Year

In the final days of 2020, there were two significant bills from Congress:  one that Trump […] See MoreTrump and Congress at the Dawn of the New Year

It's been a while since I saw one of these, so I shall weigh in. Normally I would post a remark […] See More

I am so glad that Donald Trump lost. our country was headed in the wrong directions. We need help […] See More

Yes, Mr. Arroyo, I remember your opinion that Biden has dementia. I can only say that it's not an […] See More

Unofficial Election 2020 Discussion Board

Well, the easy part is that the Democrats look securely positioned to keep the majority in the House, though the House is also going to be blessed with the presence of a QAnon disciple from Georgia next term. The Senate, at this point […] See MoreUnofficial Election 2020 Discussion Board

Final Presidential Debate

The second (though it was originally supposed to be the third) and final debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden is about to begin. The microphones will be muted so that only the one whose turn it is to […] See MoreFinal Presidential Debate

The Vice-Presidential Debate

Well, I saw the debate then fell asleep, then I saw this post. Well.. all I have to say was, it was alright. Very polite, very few interruptions. Biden and Trump could learn a thing or two from their vice presidents. That being said, I […] See MoreThe Vice-Presidential Debate