American Government, Alexander Sections

active 1 week, 2 days ago
American Government, Alexander Sections
Social Science
GOV 1101
Spring 2020

This is the introductory course in American Government, with the main focus on the national level but some attention to state and local levels as well. This OpenLab site contains course materials as well as links to news sites and a discussion board to exchange ideas. Please keep disagreements friendly, and please keep in mind that our main purpose is more to analyze than to react and fume.

When the course is over, as long as you still have an OpenLab account at City Tech, you are invited to continue posting on this discussion board.

To access course materials, click “Visit Course Site” at the right of this page.

Trump Campaign Threatens Legal Action over an Ad

First of all, here is the ad in question.  It's just 30 seconds. The ad is being run by a […] See MoreTrump Campaign Threatens Legal Action over an Ad

Further update

As the Democrats and the Republicans in Washington move closer to an agreement, here's an article […] See MoreFurther update

Washington and the Coronavirus: A Quick Update

I'm writing this on Monday, March 23, in early afternoon.  As of now, there are two key things to […] See MoreWashington and the Coronavirus: A Quick Update

Well I thought Biden was going to win , but I guess not , Sanders is the winner , still not […] See More

Man I feel bad for Nancy. I don't actually, it's hilarious. I am by no means a Trump […] See More

Okay, got it now. It was just the original phrasing I wasn't sure how to interpret. See More

How are you all doing?

Hello, I hope you an your family are well. Everything feels out of order. Many People are being lay off. Its hard to concentrate. Thank you for asking. Maria See MoreHow are you all doing?

Who can best beat Trump?

Honestly, I feel like Bernie Sanders has the best chance at possibly beating Trump. I say this mainly because Bernie Sanders grew in popularity in 2016 and has only continued to grow in popularity since then. He started off as a third […] See MoreWho can best beat Trump?

Reflections on Sanders, on the eve of Super Tuesday

Well professor, I'll tell you this. The reason there is no middle ground with Sanders is because of his promises. Sanders has made promises that single to the soul of the young and the poor, such as free medicare, free college and so on. […] See MoreReflections on Sanders, on the eve of Super Tuesday