American Government, Alexander Sections

active 1 week, 4 days ago
American Government, Alexander Sections
Social Science
GOV 1101
Spring 2024

This is the introductory course in American Government, with the main focus on the national level but some attention to state and local levels as well. This OpenLab site contains course materials as well as links to news sites and a discussion board to exchange ideas. Please keep disagreements friendly, and please keep in mind that our main purpose is more to analyze than to react and fume.

When the course is over, as long as you still have an OpenLab account at City Tech, you are invited to continue posting on this discussion board.

To access course materials, click “Visit Course Site” at the right of this page.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Benjamin F. Alexander

Trump and the Fourteenth Amendment

For quite some time now, many have been expressing the opinion that Donald Trump should be […] See MoreTrump and the Fourteenth Amendment

Why Trump Gets Compared to Nazi and Fascist Leaders

In a recent speech, Donald Trump said, "We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, […] See MoreWhy Trump Gets Compared to Nazi and Fascist Leaders

Shutdown Averted but More Trouble Ahead

On Tuesday, November 14, 2023, the House of Representatives passed Continuing Resolution (CR) to […] See MoreShutdown Averted but More Trouble Ahead

Comment on "Congress: Another Opening, Another Show…"

I think that the decisions Biden is making is leaning towards the minority simply because of […] See MoreComment on "Congress: Another Opening, Another Show…"

Biden’s State of the Union Address

If any of you are watching Biden's State of the Union address tonight (Thursday, March 7), I'll be interested in your thoughts here on this board.   Biden needs to use this speech to win over undecided voters, as well as win back voters w […] See MoreBiden’s State of the Union Address

Should she be prosecuted for what she did 67 years ago?

When reading through this article and realizing that its not as a simple case as many think its more complex in that going back to the late 50s America was under a very radical point in a sense that we had Racial Bias since we know in our […] See MoreShould she be prosecuted for what she did 67 years ago?

Biden’s State-of-the-Union Address, 2023

I know I said I was going to listen to Sarah Huckabee Sanders' response, but I can't. I just can't. They could have put up a Republican who would critique Biden's economic ideology and advocate a more free-market approach, but no, they […] See MoreBiden’s State-of-the-Union Address, 2023