American Government, Alexander Sections

active 4 days, 23 hours ago
American Government, Alexander Sections
Social Science
GOV 1101

This is the introductory course in American Government, with the main focus on the national level but some attention to state and local levels as well. This OpenLab site contains course materials as well as links to news sites and a discussion board to exchange ideas. Please keep disagreements friendly, and please keep in mind that our main purpose is more to analyze than to react and fume.

When the course is over, as long as you still have an OpenLab account at City Tech, you are invited to continue posting on this discussion board.

To access course materials, click “Visit Course Site” at the right of this page.

Some Quick Facts about the Current Situation

With Trump in Walter Reed Hospital, though he's claiming to be feeling fine and doctors say he may […] See MoreSome Quick Facts about the Current Situation

The Election and What Some People Are Worried About

This year, more people will be voting by mail than ever before.  In some states, ballots don't […] See MoreThe Election and What Some People Are Worried About

The Battle over Justice Ginsburg's Seat

First of all, we need to review some well-understood basics:  Democrats want there to be more […] See MoreThe Battle over Justice Ginsburg's Seat

I don't know what I'm trying to imply here exactly, but here are my thoughts: Well, if I'm being […] See More

Thanks for those insights, Mr. Arroyo. I am still under the impression that Amy Coney Barrett is […] See More

"To put it in brief, she is exactly what the conservatives want and everything the liberals […] See More

Final Presidential Debate

The second (though it was originally supposed to be the third) and final debate between President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden is about to begin. The microphones will be muted so that only the one whose turn it is to […] See MoreFinal Presidential Debate

The Vice-Presidential Debate

Well, I saw the debate then fell asleep, then I saw this post. Well.. all I have to say was, it was alright. Very polite, very few interruptions. Biden and Trump could learn a thing or two from their vice presidents. That being said, I […] See MoreThe Vice-Presidential Debate

First debate: Tuesday, September 29

Okay, and now I'll take a turn. Trump referred to Senator Elizabeth Warren as Pocahontas, said "Proud Boys: stand back and stand by," made clear he won't pledge to concede the election if he thinks Biden has won it by fraud, disparaged […] See MoreFirst debate: Tuesday, September 29