American Government, Alexander Sections

active 1 month ago
American Government, Alexander Sections
Social Science
GOV 1101
Summer 2020

This is the introductory course in American Government, with the main focus on the national level but some attention to state and local levels as well. This OpenLab site contains course materials as well as links to news sites and a discussion board to exchange ideas. Please keep disagreements friendly, and please keep in mind that our main purpose is more to analyze than to react and fume.

When the course is over, as long as you still have an OpenLab account at City Tech, you are invited to continue posting on this discussion board.

To access course materials, click “Visit Course Site” at the right of this page.

Justice Roberts and the Latest Abortion Case

On June 29, 2020, in the case of June Medical Services v. Russo, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that […] See MoreJustice Roberts and the Latest Abortion Case

The Parties and the Police

If Congress is going to pass a law holding police to greater accountability, the Democrats and the […] See MoreThe Parties and the Police

Trump vs. Twitter: A Post-script

I neglected to emphasize a point in my previous post, so I'm going add it here. Suppose you […] See MoreTrump vs. Twitter: A Post-script

Freedom of speech applies in all situations and platforms in America. That's why the term is […] See More

I understand freedom of speech but that does not apply here. These social media outlets have the […] See More

This is very simple. If we continue to make things overly complicated we will always be bombarded […] See More

Biden’s running mate will be one of these ten. Any thoughts?

This is interesting, Mr. Arroyo, and it's good to hear from you. I appreciate the insights, since I don't have the endurance to inflict Alex Jones's big mouth on myself; I can barely force myself to listen to Trump, and when it's for any […] See MoreBiden’s running mate will be one of these ten. Any thoughts?

How are you all doing?

Hello, I hope you an your family are well. Everything feels out of order. Many People are being lay off. Its hard to concentrate. Thank you for asking. Maria See MoreHow are you all doing?

Who can best beat Trump?

Honestly, I feel like Bernie Sanders has the best chance at possibly beating Trump. I say this mainly because Bernie Sanders grew in popularity in 2016 and has only continued to grow in popularity since then. He started off as a third […] See MoreWho can best beat Trump?