AFR1130 Africana Folklore Fall 2018

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• My thinking

bla
    Participant

I thing any one can make there own decisions. If you white, black yellow,brunet, does not matter. What is matter is your attitude in life. However, people get discriminated in every where. United States is not a special. I Know people that is not black , that got discriminated in Europe. People also can get discrimination by their attitudes. I also know people who got discriminated by their attitudes. However, in my point of view it is something by generation to generation. If you know history , you will know not only colored people got discriminated but also white, Jews got discriminated by their religion. In today society you can freely be your self.

Judith Sihibdeen
    Participant

Yes i agree it should not matter if you are white, black, yellow, or brunette your decision should be your own, we know that discrimination happens everywhere for different reasons your attitude being one, and blacks are not the only race being discriminated against and that the United States is not special well maybe to you. Although I agree with most of what you said I still said huh!! When I read your blog.

TAPAN PATEL
    Participant

I also agree because no matter what race you are there is always going to be discrimination because people have different point of view on one race to another. In history many races have been accused for different reasons which has impacted the society on what they think about them.

TodjaGW
    Participant

I agree with all of your opinions because based on history all race went through something horrific and it can impact society today. But if you look at today society a lot of people would mostly discriminate one race based on stereotypes and the type of community they live.

TodjaGW
    Participant

Yes Im talking about blacks because if you look at today once again you see a lot of police brutality against a lot of black people. Also the law treat black people unfairly. Also you see black police going against their own people just to fit in with their own work community and not get in trouble for it. The inly discipline police get is suspension and time paid off. For example there was a post on facebook and you see two black young woman sharing weed with minors and they got 45 years in jail, and when George Stinney got falsely accused in 1944 for killing two young girls he got the death penalty at 14yrs old? But in today societ when a lot young white boys does massive school shootings they are categorized as crazy or don’t know any better? I really have not seen another race get so much discrimination as much as the black race.

Chantel Jones
    Participant

I agree that discrimination happens everywhere to many different groups of people. Black people continuously talk about race issues because this group deals with prejudices that impact them daily. I also agree that our life results from the decisions we make but I would say that we have to stop putting “labels” or giving reasons why people are discriminated against. In my personal opinion a persons attitude should never be a determinant for discrimination because people use that as justification for treating others unfairly.

RameshV
    Participant

I believe everyone is in the same boat and agrees that no two people are alike. Everyone has the right to make their own choices just because someone is doing something this way doesnt mean that you have to follow. People find both success and failures in multiple ways not just one and the reason for that is because everyone thinks differently and has their own mindset.

Golib
    Participant

There are no other words that are exists to me to say that all of your answers are right so i agree with all of your responses

Win Htoo
    Participant

Totally agree with all of the responses. Everybody has free will and it is our right to make our own decision.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.