THE HISTORY OF MARY PRINCE PGS 41- END BY JAYME MONGE

A significant moment that really stood up to me was located in page 53 the very first paragraph. It briefly states how the slave owner who goes by the name of Mr. Wood he deliberately refuses to grant Mary’s freedom. Also how much agony and furry he has over her. He wants to brutally beat her but she is in England premises. This significant moment stood up to me for many diverse reasons. One reason on to why this significant moment stood up to me. It is because it gives the reader a sense of how hard was it to gain freedom.  It demonstrated how slaves struggled so much just to gain freedom and to be liberated from the slave owner’s tyranny. Another reason on why this moment is very significant to me because slaves were often denied from their freedom no matter how many trials and approvals they went through. During slavery in the rural South slavery was never to be mentioned and if it was the slave was designated to be killed. Compared to our society we as humans are treated equally due to our Constitution. We all have natural rights in which the government can’t take away.  During slavery there was no such thing as natural rights and the constitution wasn’t created yet. Freedom was forbidden in the South the slaves were to be kept under tyrannical rule.