Self Evaluation

For the self-evaluation in this internship, I will be focusing on one project I was assigned during my internship. The assignment was to edit a video interview that was done over Zoom. I had to edit the interview so it would be visually appealing and interesting to look at since it was long and could lose people. 

I was given all the files in a Google Drive and so I started the editing. I began by listening and watching the entire video and noting where I would slice it and edit it. I have prior experience with film editing as I have used Adobe Premiere and even took Intro to Film two semesters ago so I expected the entire project to be done fast. I eventually started editing and making the video visually interesting that same night. I finished the editing the next afternoon which I suspected I would be. When I went to go export it I started having issues due to my computer’s memory space being limited. I then told my supervisor that I was having issues and hope to export it as soon as possible. I kept in contact with him on any updates which I think is important when something unexpected happens during a project.

I had to invest in an external hard drive and was finally able to export and upload the edited video. All in all I was excited to get a chance to do this project and I’m glad that instead of not contacting my supervisor about the problem I had, I took the initiative to tell him what was preventing me from finishing the project. I think I learned that if there’s a hiccup when doing a project or assignment, people are willing to help you so long as you communicate with them.