Readings For Our Course

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Readings For Our Course

johannah rodgers
    Participant

In our class today, many students voiced their interest in locating and using readings for our course that they are “more interested in” than those that have been assigned to date. Please post your suggestions here for readings that you are “more interested in” and that you believe other students in the class may also be “more interested in.”

xmobilia

Destination : Morgue by James Ellroy

American Tabloid by James Ellroy

Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen J Dunber

Scratch Beginnings by Adam Shepard

All nonfiction but written in a modern style that pulls you in.

johannah rodgers
    Participant

Alexander,

Thanks for these suggestions. Have you read all of these books? If not, perhaps you’d like to choose one for your Reading Journal. I will add these to the list of my recommended Reading Journal books. Could you also let me know if any excerpts from these books are available for free on the Web? If so, we can certainly consider integrating some into our reading list for the course.

All best,

Prof. Rodgers

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about read writings from Obama, politicians or other famous people and examine how they write and structure their writings?

Marius Rachitan
    Participant

The most interesting thing that i read is Daily Events like the newspaper and maybe write a Column for a article of a important event for the day or something that interests you,

i like reading different selections from the canon of american literature such as the catcher in the rye, the great gatsby, death of a salesman etc. These books usually capture my interest and i find memorable.

Rakea Halim
    Participant

How about some books that we can relate to I don’t have any specific books to name but books that will encourage us to read.

Rakea Halim
    Participant

How about some books that we can relate to I don’t have any specific books to name but books that will encourage us to read.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.