Observation Session #4

• Observation Session #4
  • #68919

Kelly

The professor’s lecture driven style of teaching was magnified this week as he was over 30 minutes late to the session. As such, he was forced to hurry through the material which gave me, as a peer leader, less time to interact with the students. Normally I will attempt to ask students private questions when there is a break in the teachers flow. Unfortunately, no such break occurred in this lecture. I hesitate to chime in to help lead a student if the professor is still lecturing. My interaction may distract the student from new material that the professor is currently lecturing on. Ultimately I felt this session was unproductive for me. I had no opportunity to interact with the students and no ability to work on my peer leader skills. The professors tardiness did highlight some of life’s randomness that can effect a lesson plan. Teachers need to be able to adjust when a set-back occurs. Keeping as flexible as possible while still working productively towards their goals is a valuable trait for any teacher.

#68925

Patrice Prosper

Wow, sorry that happened Kelly. Were you able to help any students while you waited for the Prof. to show up?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)