Culinary Tourism: 2nd Field trip, Astoria

Home Forums Parent forum Innovative_Technology-Home_Automation HMGT 4989-CULINARY TOURISM-FALL2015 Culinary Tourism: 2nd Field trip, Astoria

• Culinary Tourism: 2nd Field trip, Astoria
  • #32910

Pauli

MP Taverna is located at 31-29 Ditmars Boulevard Astoria, NY 11105. This restaurant offers a modern interpretation of a traditional Greek tavern, there hours of operation are: Lunch, Monday–Friday: 12:00pm–3:00pm, Dinner: Monday–Thursday: 3:00pm–11:00pm, Friday–Saturday: 3:00pm–12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm–10:00pm, Brunch: Saturday–Sunday: 11:00am–3:00pm. At the restaurant I had the CYPRIOT LAMB SAUSAGE which is served with yogurt and pita for $9.95. It absolutely delicious, with just the right amount of seasonings, was tasty. I also tried some of the Chef’s signature dips which included Eggplant with roasted peppers and garlic; Yogurt with cucumber and dill and Chick pea sundried tomato & herbs. Each dip is served with pita bread at the price of $8.95, but all 3 can be combined for $13.95. My favorite of the dips was the eggplant with roasted peppers and garlic. I liked the smoked flavor of the dish. this dish also triggered a memory, in my country, Trinidad and Tobago we have a similar dish with roasted eggplant and its comforting to know that although our cultures maybe different, commonality can be found in food

#32920

Shaun Harrilall

MP Taverna was my favorite place we visited in Astoria because honestly, i happen to love greek food. I loved the lamb, it was flavorful, very well seasoned but at the same time very juicy and delicious. The yogurt sauce that was served with it offered that cool down effect that counteracted the spiciness of the sausage. The three dips that were served with pita was also very good. My favorite of the dips were the chickpeas with sun dried tomatoes. The whole ambiance of the restaurant gave me a very cozy feeling. it had a welcoming feeling to it. The bartender was very friendly and answered any questions i had. I AM Definitely going back there in the future.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)