Mid-Semester Reflections

Whelp it’s been a doozy of a semester so far!

Im honestly super happy at being able to make it this far and be able to have all my classwork and fc work in order. This is my first time working in graphic design that isn’t a class and have been so scared since I was accepted because I wanted to prove to myself and others that I can do this and do it well! I also want to express how grateful I am to be working with such a great and helpful team. I was timid at first even if it didnt show but I feel so much more comfortable and a part of the team. SO THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

One hurdle I found difficult was the Amplify poster for Prof. Berger. She has a specific vision in mind and I wanted to work hard to meet it. I did my research and came up with a few concepts. Its done and up, but there are still tweaks that can be made. Overall she was happy with the result and that made me feel amazing. This project was also my favorite! I was not only able to meet a client’s needs but have fun AND utilise an original illustration of mine!

If I had no time constraints, I’d like to invest more time in leveling up my Adobe Illustrator skills so I can provide even more eye catching designs in all my work.

Aside from doing my best work at both FC and my classes, I want to grow as an illustrator. So time management has been a big deal for me this semester. One goal was being able to do commissions with my chibi drawings and I have 2 pieces I’m working on now for 2 friends! I haven’t officially advertised, they actually came to me, but thats 2 steps closer to a goal of doing it steady!