Training Day 3

Wednesday, January 7, 2016

What did I Learn?

Today I learned how to do follow ups with clients. I had to thoroughly reply to them and ask questions about previous emails. I was introduced to websites that will inspire my creativity and I also learned how to pick up print jobs and do deliveries.

What were my challenges?

Today was pretty steady and not too difficult, but if I had to name something challenging, I would go with communication via email. I believe that I’m getting better at it, but I still need practice.

How did we help each other?

Arianna and Mandy again helped me to compose emails and taught me little shortcuts in InDesign.

2 thoughts on “Training Day 3

1. Paul,
    I noticed that you interacted well when meeting William for the first time.
    And that you stayed on task even when lots of activities were happening near by. You kept a productive pace. The contract for your new client was well laid out and easy to read for review and comment.

Your follow up emails with members of the AIR team were written in a professional manner. And the task of requesting posters for print was successfully completed. It is critical that you develop a good working relationship with staff of the digital imaging center; they have many requests from offices across the college, and they must prioritize their work and manage the quality of the requests. We must be mindful of all that they are asked to produce on a daily basis.

You are progressing well. I look forward to your presentation of the Administrative Guide, what design choices you made and why.

2. Paul,
    You have improved a great amount with your email composition in such a short amount of time. When I first started with Faculty Commons Design Team, i was struggling with writing emails as well. I understand what you are going through but practice makes permanent.

I hope that you got a great amount of information from our inspiration conversation and that will use it throughout the rest of your semesters for developing concepts for projects.