- Campbell, Horace. “The Rastafarians in the Eastern Caribbean” Caribbean Quarterly, December 1, 1980, Vol 26 (4), p. 42-61. (NYCCT Library Access: Log in with barcode from ID required, if off campus )
- Ho, Christine G. T. “Popular Culture and the Aesthetization of Politics: Hegemonic Struggle and Postcolonial Nationalism in Trinidad Carnival”. Transforming Anthropology, January 2000, Vol.9 (1), pp.3-18. (NYCCT Library Access: Log in with barcode from ID required, if off campus )
- Nanny of the Maroons, Jamaica (YouTube)
- Kumina Drumming, Jamaica (YouTube)
- Watch the first 2 minutes
- Calypso as Mother Music, The Mighty Sparrow (YouTube)
- War, Bob Marley (YouTube)
- Watch the video and read the lyrics.