- Simmons, Eison Kimberly. “Navigating the Racial Terrain: Blackness and Mixedness in the United States and the Dominican Republic,” Transforming Anthropology 16 (2008): 95-111. (NYCCT Library Access: Log in with barcode from ID required, if off campus )
- Danticat, Edwidge. “Poetry in a Time of Protest,” The New Yorker, January 31, 2017. (The New Yorker Website)
- Haitian RaRa, Lincoln Center “Out of Doors” (YouTube)
- Watch the first 4 minutes.
- Fiestas Patronales de Villa Mella al Espiritu Santo, Dominican Republic (YouTube)
- Watch the first 4 minutes. If you don’t speak Spanish, focus on the movements, dress, music, etc.
- El Costo de La Vida/ The Cost of Life, Juan Luis Guerra y 440 (YouTube)
- Watch the video and read the lyrics.