Bartunek Hardware Inc

Mom and pop hardware stores can serve many need for local contractors, carpenters, plumbers or homeowners looking for parts, tools and other essentials for projects both small and large. Few hardware stores will offer the kindness and resources that Bartunek Hardware will offer. Since 1925, Bartunek has been generously helping those with projects by providing supplies and advice to those in need. Bartunek stands in the same location since the building was constructed and is also the oldest business in Astoria, rivaled only by Steinway & Sons piano company which opened its doors in Astoria between the years 1870 and 1880.

When I entered the location, I was quickly greeted and asked what I needed helped with. The store owner’s son, Dan, provided me with all the information I needed and then more. The store offers materials for all sorts of projects such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, locksmithing, painting and even model building. The location just started selling stock 2×4 lumber and has plans to sell flat lumber once the stores garage space is cleared out.

The Store’s location is easy to find and is easy to get to from the Ditmars blvd N/W train station. The store has been slightly renovated but still retains its aesthetic of a 1920’s hardware store, keeping its storefront relatively unchanged since its opening. This location really blends into the rest of the neighborhood and can be easily overlooked, especially since the location closes around 5pm and caters mostly those who need quick supplies and can’t necessarily make a trip to a home depot or other larger hardware stores.

Pawluk in Bartunek HardwareThis image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.