dB and reference levels: dBSPL, dBFS, +4dBu, -10 dBV
- Read the Intro to decibels at earq.com
- Read about analog vs digital reference levels at al-ba.com
Asynchronous AssignmentS (due next week)
- What is a Decibel? How many values are necessary to calculate a Decibel value?
- Which reference level (dBSPL, dBFS, +4/-10) is used for the following: sound, digital audio, analog audio?
- What is the difference between +4dBu and -10dBV?
- Which amplitude level (Peak, Nominal, Noise Floor) does each of the following give us: dBSPL, dBFS, +4/-10
Please submit your response as a .pdf file and name it “Week 5 Asynchronous ENT1270 [YOURLASTNAME]”. eg. “Week 5 Asynchronous ENT1270 Werden.pdf”. Copy your submission to the Asynchronous Submission Folder.