English 1101 From: Professor Charlotte Deaver
New York City College of Technology
Some Helpful Links For First-Year English Students:
Feel free to print out this entire resource for easier access, if necessary.
Set up your City Tech 365 Office email account:
• Instructions: http://cis.citytech.cuny.edu/Student/it_student_findemail.aspx
• Once you have an email address, log in here: https://login.microsoftonline.com/
Download Microsoft Office application suite:
• Log in to your college email account at https://login.microsoftonline.com/, click the “Settings” button (upper right hand corner), then click “Office 365 Settings” -> “Software”-> “Office” -> “Install”.
Student Help Desk:
New Student Center:
Computer Labs, printing, copying & scanning services:
• Library (4th Fl Atrium Building): https://library.citytech.cuny.edu/services/technology/index.php
• Atrium Learning Center (Ground floor of Atrium Building – AG-18):
• iTec Centers (General Building 600 & Voorhees 217)
From the City Tech Student Services website:
Copy machines are located on the first floor in the Atrium Building, in the Library (Atrium Building, Fourth Floor), and in Voorhees Hall lobby. A copy-card is required to operate the copiers. Copy-cards may be purchased from the copy-card vending machine located near each copy machine.
Initially you will need $2.00 to makecopies: $1.00 to purchase the copy-card and $1.00 to purchase copies. Remember to keep your copy-card because it is reloadable and additional money can be added at the on-campus vending machines when needed.
iTec’s Student Workshop Schedule for Blackboard, Microsoft Word & Turnitin:
Request a Research Appointment at the Library (4th Fl. Atrium Building):