The Checklist

When I first open the document and saw that this story was about 15 page long, I said ahh man one long possibly boring story, but I was wrong. This was a great read, from beginning to end. Reading about goes on in the Intensive Care Unit, left me speechless,and thinking do all these hospital follow these procedures to eliminate the possibilities of infection and preventing death. I answered myself by saying I’m sure not, but the task and responsibility these doctors, nurses, specialist deal with every day, is remarkable, to have various patients, and complication occur at any given time and to function as a team to attempt to heal a person is priceless, now I can understand why the cost of health care and medicine is so insanely high. I love the comparison of the Boeing Aircraft to how hospital and doctors have come up with the checklist to prevent simple mistake that can lead to something cartographic. I knew the job was hard but man, this is some routine, unexpected, must be on top of everything. This was a great read, starting from the three year old girl over coming the impossible. Talk about being on the brink of death, and every possible organ not responding and failing to being able to make a full recovery thanks to the astonishing work done by the medical team. I also enjoyed how the this article compare and talk about how have a simple list to check of each term is vital and even if your a top of the line pilot, doctor or nurse, following a checklist will eliminate or reduce the chance of you make any kind of error.