This ENG1101 course introduces concepts of critical writing and thinking along with skills integral to constructing and documenting a college-level essay. As a First Year Learning Community, we will pair with Psychology 1101 to explore the emotional impact of the first year college transition and consider ways to identify and deal with new stressors.

shakira almonte OpenLab Assignment 2

Since the beginning of the semester I feel like I’ve improved on learning how to start my introduction. I also feel like when I don’t procrastinate my body paragraphs can be really good. One aspect of academic writing that is still challenging for me is writing the topic sentences without sounding repetitive.  Another aspect of college writing that I still feel that is challenging is my conclusion because I don’t know what to put besides my thesis and briefly mentioning the main source I use. One aspect that I actually enjoy doing is the introduction because I remember when I first started college I  used to not do well in the introduction or i would take a while to write it and now Its the easiest thing for me to do.

1. Jennifer Sears

Hi Shakira,
    I’m glad to see you are thinking so technically about your writing. It often helps to think of the abstract concept writing in concrete terms. Your introductory paragraphs and your writing is definitely improving and becoming more precise with every essay. Keep up the hard work!

2. Jennifer Sears

Hi Shakira,