Who am I?

Who am I? Defining myself can be challenging, as it may limit my essence. But if I had to describe myself, here’s my story:

I’m an Ecuadorian immigrant who didn’t meet my parents until I was 21. Growing up in Ecuador, I was surrounded by the country’s breathtaking natural beauty – its stunning landscapes, flora, and fauna. At 13, I began studying beauty and cosmetology, earning certification after three years. At 17, I decided to complete high school, even though I was older than my classmates. My desire to prepare for the future was stronger than any obstacle. After getting married at 20, I arrived in the USA in 2018, ready to embrace new challenges and opportunities.

Since then, I’ve undergone a transformative journey, learning a new language (English) and discovering a new passion for design. I’ve earned an Associate in Liberal Arts (2023) and am now pursuing my Bachelor’s in Communication Design, expected in Fall 2025. 

As a grateful and dedicated individual, I’ve been fortunate to receive support and opportunities from others throughout my academic journey. I strive to pay it forward by giving my best effort, managing multiple tasks efficiently, and seeking guidance from those with more expertise. Although I face challenges, I persevere and seek new opportunities for growth and learning. I acknowledge the help I’ve received and look forward to continuing to develop personally and professionally. 

My ultimate goal is to make a meaningful impact in my community, inspiring others to grow professionally and personally. My dream is to create opportunities for individuals who seek to improve their lives and harness the power of design to help people visualize and achieve their dreams and visions.