Reminders for a Successful End of the Semester

Deinonychus
Leap for joy like a Deinonychus antirrhopus when you’re all done with class!

Today’s class will focus on studio time and my helping you on your assignments as needed. I will want to find out what you plan to do during our class time, and you will want to ask me questions and request help on the tasks that you focus on.

After class, email me or come to my office hours (Wed. 4-5pm, Thur. 2:30-3:30, except tomorrow due to substituting for a colleague’s class). If you can’t meet me during office hours, let me know what your schedule looks like for a few days and I’ll find a time when we can both meet in my office.

Next week, please remember that we don’t have class, because Wednesday follows a Monday class schedule.

If you’d like to receive 10 bonus points added to your final research report, submit it a week early on Wednesday, May 15. If you need more time and turn in your report by the last day of class, you may still receive the full 100 points–depending on the quality of the work that you submit.Remember, it should be submitted as a Word docx file attached to an email to me (jellis at citytech.cuny.edu).

Our last class is the week after on Wednesday, May 22. All assignments must be completed by then: post your beginning of class writing assignments on OpenLab, email your final research report to me as a Word docx file attachment (see assignment sheet linked above), and come to class prepared with a PowerPoint on a flash drive, a script, and dressed professionally (business casual is fine). As you prepare your final work, please practice your presentation to ensure proper length of presentation and seek feedback from your classmates, friends, and family on your writing in addition to performing spellcheck, grammar check, and reading your writing aloud to edit it further for professionalism, conciseness, and precision.

No work is accepted after the last day of class. If there’s an issue with your successful completion of the class, you should reach out to me earlier rather than later with details so that we can meet and discuss.