Philosophy

My philosophy of nursing is to provide the best possible care for the patient as possible.

This involves helping when they are feeling at their lowest. I want them to feel comfortable in all aspects of my treatment towards them. I don’t ever discriminate on age, sex, gender, race, orientation, socioeconomic status or even if they were actually criminals. I believe when you care for a patient, you must treat them how you would want to be treated or even how you would want someone to treat your loved ones. It must be recognized that when you are treating people, they are vulnerable, and you must develop a trust so that they stay at their most comfortable with you.

In my philosophy, I believe educating your patients, having excellent communication, understanding and accepting people’s circumstances are very important. All of these ideals combined will make for a better stay for your patient. It will also develop a rapport so that the patient may consider a change in their lifestyle that you suggest.

I became a nurse to help people and I plan to do this on a regular basis whether it be in the form of nursing or non-nursing day to day activities. It is my belief that a patients mental and physical health remain in good order.