Individual Strengths

Every nurse has their own strengths and all of these are helpful to their organization in one way or another. My individual strengths range from being able to operate under very stressful situations to being able to console family members that are either sad or very angry to being able to go out of my way for anyone in need. I’ve acquired these strengths be it by life experiences or actual time practicing as an RN. Being able to operate under stressful conditions means that I can take stress and transform it into something productive. This works in many aspects of my life and I’ve used it a lot. Being the calm one in the room when its pure chaos is something that I take pride in and have experienced a few times. Consoling family members sounds like an extreme, but its merely just saying that I feel like I have strong communication skills with family members. A lot of the parents are worried about their child while in school and they have certain illnesses, so when if I ever have to call the ambulance for the child, I have to make sure the parent knows every detail that went into why I made the call. After the child returns to school, I keep a dialogue with the parents on how their child is doing. In school nursing there are a lot of angry parents, for many reasons, when they come to my office I communicate in a way where they feel confident about whatever they were worrying about. Going above and beyond is something that I feel everyone in the medical field should do at least once. This ranges from staying an extra 10 minutes with a patient to make them feel more comfortable to doing extra work because one of your coworkers had an emergency.