Book Cover page

“PAR” by. Blok Design

This book is about african American fighting to play the sport and other games they love at the highest level. The  cover of the book pull me in, because of the layout of it. The letters P.A.R are cut out and at the bottom of the cover it has a picture of an african American face. JUst the layout alone of the book tells the story of what this book is about. “bold and iconic as people portrayed.” -Michael Faye. The design is isn’t hard to do but it say a lot to the viewer. This is why I pick out this book.

“Green Graphic Design” by Brian Dougherty

I pick this book because with how the world is moving to go green, this book would be a good part of the movement. As a graphic designer it is our job to come up with Ideas to say a million words in one graphic. Even in typography the way you put words and the image on a page say a lot . People in this world are very lazy and a picture is more important then to read text. As a design if you want people to start a movement you have to know how to do it. Like to go green, the best way to do it is to tell the world save paper go green, the best way how, is to design something that is catches, that will make people want to read and know more. “Green graphic design” is one of those books that help people be more responsible in the world. It also help designers think more about the work they create. How much paper is use and what is used to make it. Is it better to put more online then on the streets. This book cover help you wonder if you are really taken notice of this important fact.

“Do Good Design: How Designers can Change the world” by David Berman

After reading the cover of this book, it had a impact on my ideas and it gave me a new found love for design. One question that was ask in the summary was, ” How did design help choose a president?”. Remembering the last president election, when Shepard Fairey did the design on President Obama poster and how design help to get his name out there was what this book is talking about.This shows that design matter in everything and everywhere we go. This book “Do good design” is really and eye stopper and is noted for its alarm to the world on how important design is.