Monday February 19, 2018
- After consulting Professor Huntington about the “ The lack of Audio Inputs” on older capture cards, It was suggested to me to include a roland box and embed the audio onto the HDMI output of the Roland Box. Thus, removing the need for an audio interface like a MOTU or Scarlett. The things that I require to get started on testing are the actual Capture Card and a whitelisted Computer. This Week i will be meeting with JR to get that done.
- Ketak Dhiman the president of the video club is offering to help as run crew for the show.
Monday February 12, 2018
1 – Whitelist computer
2 – Select a streaming service
3 – Spec sheet / capture card decision
- Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder – Thunderbolt
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
For this set up, a livestream is completely achievable however I expect complications. The “Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder – Thunderbolt” has an HDMI and SDI input to receive the program out feed from the ATEM. However, there is no audio input. With that being said, my work around is to add a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface to get the audio from the CL5 yamaha console. This will then cause the Audio and video to be out of sync. I will have to delay the Audio to sync with the video. My next option includes the same setup however it involves Blackmagic Design UltraStudio SDI BDLKULSASDI in place of the cheaper black magic capture card.
- Lastly, I am suggesting the blackmagic web presenter which has an XLR input for audio. Which will decrease the amount of things that can go wrong on the show.
- The Blackmagic design OBS livestream software is free and is completely compatible with all these black magic devices.