Session 4 Agenda, Monday, June 24

• Welcome back, responding to reflection questions
  • Discussion of the week-two reading
  • Intro to CT101 Session 4
  • Visit from peer mentor David Mendez Medina: How PMs can provide support for Session 4A

Reflection: The article we discussed today discusses the impact that the feeling of “fitting in: and having a “sense of belonging” can have on student success. Our CT101 workshop is only four days long. What are some things we can do in that span of time to build belonging and community among our students?

One thought on “Session 4 Agenda, Monday, June 24”

1. This is a question I have been thinking about and mentioned it in one of my earlier reflections. I think that it will vary among students and depending on their willingness to engage in activities will help us build a sense of belonging. My sincere interest in speaking with each student individually (even for a few minutes) will help build connections, demonstrating empathy, sharing stories and active listening will all add to our short time together. Establishing a supportive inclusive learning environment on day one with check-ins and providing caring feedback will be important. Small group work, collaborative games and creative role playing might also support fitting in.