Amy Tan response

After this reading, this story “Mother’s Tongue” by Amy Tan, describes many legal issues but I’ll talk about one that really stood out for me and it was (quoted) “because when I was growing up, my mother’s “limited” English limited my perception of her. I was ashamed of her English. I believed that her English reflected the quality of what she had to say That is because she expressed them imperfectly her thoughts were imperfect. And I had plenty of empirical evidence to support me: the fact that people in department stores, at banks, and at restaurants did not take her seriously, did not give her good service, pretended not to understand her, or even acted as if they did not hear her”.This quote describes that how her mother had to face racial and linguistic discrimination. Just because she wasn’t perfect at speaking English, people bullied her. Whenever she went somewhere didn’t really get the treatment as she should just like other normal citizens. People used to ignore whatever her mother said, they never took her seriously always insulted her just because she wasn’t “perfect ” in their language. This is actually a violation of freedom of rights which is the first amendment and basics rights of every civilian who lives in the USA.