Hi everyone!! I hope you had a great long weekend, and I hope your classes are going well! Bellow are my updates for this week! As always, feel free to reach out to me with any and all questions at Ngozi.Okonkwo@mail.citytech.cuny.edu. Have a great rest of your week 🙂
1) It is Club Involvement Week! Student Life is featuring many of the student clubs on its Instagram this week. Check them out @citytechsld . There are also meetings each day for new students to get familiar with the different Clubs and leaders. Getting involved in a club is a great way to meet people, learn about city tech, do what you love or learn something new! I highly encourage it!
2) Online Tutoring is Available for the following Math and Biology Courses: MAT 1275CO, MAT 1275, MAT 1375, MAT 1475, MAT 1575, BIO 1101 and BIO 1201. See Flyer for details on scheduling an appointment: FALL2020OnlineTutoring
3) If you are in need of a computer or tablet to complete your coursework, you can fill out this form to borrow a device: https://www.citytech.cuny.edu/loaner/
4) Information regarding online learning tools and technology can be found here: http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/virtual/learn-anywhere.aspx
5) A list of contact information for important City Tech offices can be found here: http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/virtual/virtual-offices.aspx
6) The Fall 2020 semester calendar can be found here. It contains important school-wide dates and information for the fall semester.
7) Below are workshops from the Counseling Center. Email email@example.com for links to workshops.
- New Student Help: Managing College Online First year students can feel lost and unsure about college. This workshop will identify ways to navigate college online through City Tech’s website and online resources. Wednesday 9/9 @12:00PM
- LGBTQ+ Group Talk Drop-In Weekly forum for LGBTQ+ students to meet one another, discuss topics related to gender and sexuality, and offer mutual support. Mondays at 4PM
- Straight Up Talk About Racism A group that seeks to speak the truth about historical and present-day RACISM in all it’s form and it’s detrimental impact on our Country, State, City and Community. The group will develop coping mechanisms as well as introduce a Call to Singular and Collective actions to improve the educational, psychological, social and economical state of its members. The book, “CASTE” by Isabel Wilkerson and the life of Rep. John Lewis will be the guiding forces of this group. Tuesdays at 1PM
- Weekly Meditation Group Our lives can be difficult to manage during these times. Learn simply meditation practices to improve focus, reduce stress and moving forward toward your goals. Wednesdays at 3:30PM
Flyer with more info: Counseling-Workshops Info
8) Voter Registration Form Mailing Project: Voter Registration Form Mailing Project seeks to inform and educate the community about all the ways they can vote. Make the effort to inform your community about the different ways voting can be done.
Link to request voter registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtmj-9cK0-Hy4bCS5LImc26aZ-8II47nKo4S9PQQOt8t_1wg/viewform
That’s all my updates! Like always, let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy the rest of your week.