Court Observation

After visiting the court house I noticed that it did give me a better understanding of what goes on in this field work. Something that I found interesting was how dismissive the judges were. They almost showed some signs of them not even wanting to be there, they were very fast and direct. I also noticed that with this behavior from the judges it affected some of the attorneys. They would freeze up sometimes or repeatedly say “um”. I think that this visit put a more serious and real perspective of this career path in my head. It was very clear how hard working these attorneys were, especially one that stood out to me which was the guy who had two cases back to back. Having cases like that should sound a little stressful but he was able to clearly and firmly get through his position, while keeping it short and directly to the point. Which seemed like what the judges liked. One thing that I do wish to understand a little bit more is how these attorneys prepare for their cases because this is not something we quite see in the court. I’m pretty sure it takes a lot to prepare for cases and make sure you know everything that you’re doing. As well as feeling comfortable while presenting the case because if not that’s something the judges might notice. Overall I feel like this was a very important experience for me because it opened me up to what my life may be like if I chose to continue down this career path.