Who I am!

I am Kerin Coughlin, the instructor of these courses!  I teach in our Law and Paralegal Studies program because I love law, and I love teaching!  Many moons ago, I was a junior high school Social Studies teacher, then I became a lawyer, and I practiced law full-time for about twelve years.  During most of that time, I was a commercial litigator, which means I represented parties to civil lawsuits involving businesses.  While I was practicing full-time, I started teaching law part-time, then I decided to switch it up.  This is my eighth year teaching full-time here at City Tech.  I love it!  My favorite part of teaching is working with students.  You’re all awesome! 🙂

Something I want you to know about me is that I love my cat, Darryl.  I adopted him nine years ago, when he was about one year old, after Hurricane Sandy which flooded the house in Breezy Point where he lived with a family.  The family moved to a shelter that didn’t take cats, so they put him up for adoption.  I’m so glad they did!  He came to live with me a few weeks later.  He’s a wonderful roommate, though he’s really lazy about doing chores.  Below is one of my favorite photos of him, snuggling with the Bluebook, which you’ll learn to love as much as he does as you progress through our program!

WELCOME to Law and Paralegal Studies!  🙂

Prof. C.

1 thought on “Who I am!