Reading all three articles has developed questions and concerns through my mind. In the first article, The Futurist Manifesto mentioned, “As I raised my body, mud-spattered and smelly, I felt the red hot poker of joy deliciously pierce my heart. A crowd of fishermen and gouty naturalists crowded terrified around this marvel. With patient and tentative care they raised high enormous grappling irons to fish up my car, like a vast shark that had run aground. It rose slowly leaving in the ditch, like scales, its heavy coachwork of good sense and its upholstery of comfort.” The area that the author lives during that time period, the area has become more urban, filling up the place with factories.

Also, the authors use metaphors, personification, and similes as if they were writing a poem and I felt I was reading one. I had to read between the lines in order to understand what they were saying. The first article reminded me of gentrification because there were lines where the author mentioned where people who live in the area weren’t pleased with the new technology that’s been developing. For example, ” Then with my face covered in good factory mud, covered with metal scratches, useless sweat, and celestial grime, amidst the complaint of staid fishermen and angry naturalists, we dictated our first will and testament to all the living men on earth.” A community wasn’t satisfied with urban areas taking over landscapes. This will have a huge impact on having animals go extinct, making rent go high, and people will migrate to another area.

The second article Who We Are was an interesting “poem.” “We didn’t create technology. We didn’t create man. But we, Artists yesterday, Constructors today…” The author mentioned past days are when we were creative but today we analyze every single detail of today’s technology. Artists were not intimated in technology because it wasn’t a huge thing till now, till you find out that you can do so much with high-tech. Now, we have to be part of the community that uses technology to keep going forward for the future.