Capstone Projects and Professional Activities:

In my internship project, I wanted to do a workshop with the mothers of the children in Providence House at the daycare and talk about nutrition and how important it is to for them.  My supervisor had a meeting with the mothers and she suggested that I talk to them while they were there.  I told them that poor nutrition can cause health problems, overweight, and obesity. Some of the health problems that come with poor nutrition can be very serious, especially as your child grows into an adult. I also told them that by teaching your child healthy eating habits, they can help prevent health problems.  I told them that I would be exercising and doing yoga with the children when I would be there and that I would teach the children about healthy foods.

My volunteering experience has also been amazing.  It gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world, doctors ,teachers, students and people who just want to make a difference in the community.  Volunteering gave me the opportunity to practice and develop social skills.  Since I was doing this regularly, it made it easier for me to connect with people.  It’s also a great way to network.   Volunteering is a fun and easy way to explore my interests and passions.