Journal 7.pdf

Posted by on Dec 8, 2015 in Uncategorized | No Comments

Day Four

After spending time working on bottles and office tasks, I finally got the chance to work on a promotional flier. This flier was for The Palace in promoting there new specialty drinks for the Broadway play Finding Never Land. The Palace didn’t like the original design of the first graphic designs work. They found it to be unprofessional and not visional pleasing.

My task was to take the flier and fix it with the same content that the client likes. I had to finish it the same day. The other problem was when I got this task I had less than an hour before I had to leave out to be ready for class. The great thing was they wanted the same design but just fix the type. I thought to me my self, this is easy and I’ll finish it in a quickie. When I ask for the source file to get started, my boss gave me a jpeg. I was like were the Photoshop or whatever program the graphic design person used to create this file. Again she looked at me like I was an idiot and said “This is all I have”. I was like “WHAT!”

I had to redesign a jpeg image and figure out what type the designer use to make this. This is when I really wanted to bang my head on a brick wall. I was thinking to myself there’s no way I can finish in time. First thing I had to do was remove all the text they didn’t want. Run through all the type I can use and see what works. After I was done with the Photoshop file I transfer it to Indesign and work on the placement of the type. I barely made it to class on time and barley finish on time with this project as well. In the end the client love the new design and used it as their promotion flier.