Smoking Cessation Education

During patient clinic sessions, I encountered numerous smokers and witnessed firsthand the impact of smoking on their oral health. This exposure sparked my interest in smoking cessation education. Through the process of researching and writing this paper, I delved into the specifics of smoking cessation, particularly focusing on cigarettes. This deep dive allowed me to gain a comprehensive understanding. As a result, I now feel more equipped to educate patients on the importance of quitting smoking and its effects on oral health. Recognizing the frequent interaction dental hygienists have with patients, I believe we are well-positioned to offer smoking cessation guidance. This realization prompted me to consider the role I could play in this area.

Dent 1100 Term Paper

Dental Care among Low-Income Pregnant Women

This research identifies significant gaps in oral health literacy among low-income pregnant women in Maryland, leading to low utilization of prenatal dental services and inadequate preventive measures against dental issues. Through a mixed research methods model, involving structured interviews and focus groups, the study highlights barriers to accessing dental care and understanding Medicaid dental benefits. Overall, the study underscores the importance of addressing oral health literacy and improving access to prenatal dental care among low-income pregnant women to mitigate the risk of dental issues during pregnancy and promote better oral health outcomes for both mothers and children.

Dent 1200 Literary Anaylsis